Orchestra has released a dividend module to streamline calculating dividend distributions and creating dividend reports. As this feature is in beta mode, please let us know if you are interested in trying it out.
- Guided dividend creation tool.
- Generated PDF dividend statement, which is filed away against and is accessible by the shareholder.
- Automatically pull-down a live version shareholder list, and allocate dividends based on share class.
- Collection of IRD numbers for dividend-qualifying investors.
- Collection of bank account details for dividend payouts.
- Exportable IRD-compatible CSV report for dividend filling.
Creating a new dividend distribution
- Select a title to name this distribution: "Eg. Q4 2021 Dividend Distribution". This is used as an internal identifier and is included as part of the generated dividend statement.
- Select share class(es) that are eligible for the dividend distribution. Please ensure your share register is up-to-date before creating a new distribution.
- Identify your calculated dividend payout, imputation credits and the withholding tax rate you want applied across all your investors. We will be implementing changes to allow investors to self declare their tax rate, and whether they're exempt from RWT.
- Once saved and published, we will generate a dividend statement report for all participating investors.
Downloading dividend statements
Dividend statements are generated once a distribution has been published. When viewing a selected dividend distribution you will be able to download a statement that relates to a particular shareholder.