You can create shareholder communications from within Orchestra and the platform will notify shareholders by email when your communications are published.
To provide insights on your communications, Orchestra calculates the 'View rate' for each communication sent. To see these, you will need to be a company Admin and be logged in. From your company dashboard, click the 'Communications' section in the sidebar.
The view rates for your communications are shown against each one which has been published.
By clicking on the View rate percentage, or on the activity icon () for the communication, Admins have access to a dashboard showing the total stakeholders the communication was sent to, the number who have viewed it, and the overall 'View rate'.
The 'Stakeholders viewed' number is calculated by adding:
- stakeholders who clicked on the 'View communication' button in the notification email, and
- stakeholders who logged into Orchestra directly and clicked to view the communication.
The 'View rate' is calculated by dividing the 'stakeholders viewed' number by the total number of entities the communication was sent to.
A summary also lists each stakeholder and shows whether they viewed the communication, the number of times they have viewed it, and when they last viewed it.
Note: the 'Stakeholders viewed' number includes only unique views, so doesn't count multiple views from a stakeholder (entity). Orchestra uses links in the email notifications for shareholders to access company communications, so the view rates calculated are not impacted by Apple's iOS MPP feature.
There are a number of factors which can impact how many recipients view your communications. To assist in improving the viewing rates of your communications, here are some tips:
- Use a descriptive title for your communication as this will show in the email notification subject line sent to shareholders and often has a large impact on engagement.
- Set up a regular cadence for sending communications. For example, if you regularly send monthly or quarterly updates to investors and stakeholders, then they will come to expect these updates and even look out for them!
- The communication notifications can only be sent to stakeholders with email addresses loaded into Orchestra, so ensure that all email addresses are entered and correct in Orchestra.
Email notifications can be effective, but are only one tool to support investor communications. To help with engaging stakeholders, companies can utilise other tools like website updates and social media, where regular posting can help to keep your stakeholders up-to-date. Remember to encourage them to subscribe or follow you so that they receive notifications of your posts and updates.
For more information and guidance on communicating with investors, including a detailed template you can download, see this article.